Monday, December 28, 2009

Second Entry

Yesterday I took two sock packages with me. I found a small group of people to the side of a street who looked like they might be homeless or needy. I pulled over and stopped. I rolled down my window. A couple of them came over and I asked if anyone needed socks. They said yes and another man came over. Then a second man was also indicated as in need of socks. I handed them the socks and explained there were some items inside that might be useful for them. Then I left. I don't know what their reaction was to the items inside or if they shared any of the items. It would be helpful to have some feedback on what items are most useful and which are not useful and suggestions on what items might be a better option.

Also yesterday I picked up some more toothbrushes. I originally purchased 10, but I am putting those in sock packages. I found some for 50 cents each. So I bought 10 more yesterday to take to a homeless shelter. Today I took some items to the local food bank/homeless shelter. I was able to donate all 60 razors at once. That was good. I really need to find more acts for my list. So far I only have about 1/3 the number of acts of kindness I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment